With the colder weather, comes the comfort foods! Lots of soups, stews and slow cooked meals are very popular not only for their flavour, but for the simplicity and fast preparation time!
Slow cooked meals are ideal for families that have busy afternoon schedules and are also generally very healthy and inexpensive to make. Not to mention, they make large quantities so you can use the leftovers for lunches during the week!
Here is a delicious Slow Cooked Massaman curry, which is a mild curry with an amazing flavour, suitable for the whole family.
Slow Cooker Massaman Curry
- 0:15 Prep
- 8:00 Cook
- 4 Servings
- 600g chuck beef steak, cubed
- 300g chat potatoes quartered
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 210g massaman Thai curry paste
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 cups Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 400ml coconut cream
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 cups white rice *to serve
- Place onion and potatoes in slow cooker. Add curry paste, coconut cream and mix.
- Add chicken stock, fish sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar. Mix again.
- Place flour in plastic bag then add the steak and shake until meat is coated in flour. Add steak to slow cooker.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 8 hours. Serve with rice.
Recipe and image by – https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/