STEP-SAFE BALANCE CLASS
Focus on challenging the body systems that control balance and improving flexibility and strength.
Falls are the most common cause of hospitalisation in persons over 65yrs of age and are often caused by poor balance, weakness of muscles, stiff joints, slow reaction time, tiredness, dizziness, weakening eyesight, and hazards about the home.
Whilst a lot of people think that falls are a normal part of getting old, we know otherwise. Balance can be improved with Physiotherapy by focusing on improving ankle flexibility, increasing lower limb strength and challenging the body systems that control balance. Strengthening exercises reduce the risk of falls and the likelihood of fractures.
- Classes run for 1 hour each week
- Program runs for 8 weeks
- Classes limited to 8 people
- Balance assessment conducted prior to, and on completion of course
- Classes include: Walking, stepping, reaching, endurance, education, safety
- Wear loose fitting, light weight clothing and an enclosed heel and non slip sole
- Where required, wear spectacles not reading glasses
- Bring any walking aids you may require
- Bring along any preventative medication like: Inhalers, Epi-pens, GT spray
Tuesday: 11:15am and 12:00pm
Step Safe Balance class (60 mins): $15 class
*Fees are valid until June 2022.
Book a Class!
Control your balance and improve flexibility and strength!
< BACK TO PHYSIOTHERAPY