Everything is ok in moderation, which means every now and then it is ok to go for something a little sweet!
These Warm Winter Baked Pears are delicious and guilt-free, making them a wonderful after-dinner treat for those colder winter nights.
Pears are in season, but they are not always ready to eat when you get them. This recipe is a great way to make use of those unripened pears.
- 2 pears (ripe if possible), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granola
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (vanilla will work)
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Add the halved pears onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Use a spoon to scoop out any seeds in the centre and lay the pears skin side down.
- Drizzle the honey over the top of the pears and sprinkle with cinnamon and granola.
- Place them into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the yoghurt, honey, lemon zest, and almond/vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Remove the pears from the oven and add a big dollop of your yoghurt topping mix to the top of the baked pears.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
I’m sure you’ll agree, this is a delicious and healthy dessert to cure those sweet winter cravings!
To speak with us or book an appointment, please contact us online or call 38691099.
Recipe and Image courtesy of http://gourmetwithblakely.com/