UPDATE 11TH AUGUST 2020
- We are still following Covid social distancing and hygiene measures. If the waiting area is full when you arrive for an appointment or class, there is overflow seating near the reformer OR we may ask you to wait outside. There is hand sanitiser both at reception and in the Pilates room and we ask you to use it prior to and throughout your visit.
- All in-clinic classes that are returning have started back up, albeit with some slightly altered start times. Thanks for everyone’s patience. Due to a number of factors, there are a few classes that won’t be restarting this year and we do apologise for any inconvenience.We have attempted to make contact with everyone who had blocks prior to the Covid closures, but if we have missed anyone, we sincerely apologise. Please contact the clinic so we can get you back into a class. As the numbers build up, me may need to add more classes in later in the year. Our new class timetable will commence on Monday 24 August.
- Thank you to all that provided feedback regarding our online classes and future class options. Going forward we will have 3 dedicated online Lifestyle Pilates classes: Monday 9am, Monday 6pm and Tuesday 6pm.
- We will also be offering our Teens, Mums N Bubs & Pregnancy classes as both online and in clinic. From 24 August, all these online classes will also be recorded so participants can repeat the class as many times as they like over the course of a week. As long as you have registered for the class, you can view the recording even if you weren’t able to attend. This is a handy option for shift workers or busy parents who sometimes can’t get to the classes on time every week. The recordings will be private and for paying participants only and will be deleted after 1 week.
- Please remember to bring your own towel, yoga/Pilates mat if you have one as well as your own pillow if you know you need one to support your neck during class.
- We ask that you stay home if you are unwell; have returned from any of the designated ‘hotspots’; or if you have been directed to quarantine for any reason. Block holders will not be penalised for late notification for any of the above reasons.
UPDATE 6TH JULY 2020
- We’re excited that some of our classes are back in the clinic from this week. The clinic has been eerily quiet some days these past months without some of the banter and laughter that comes with our classes. I’m sure some of the local coffee shops will be glad to have everyone back for their post-Pilates lattes!
- We’re slowly bringing classes back and hope to have most classes back in the clinic over the next six weeks or so. Please keep in mind that some staff have changed shifts since March, therefore there may be some changes to the pre-Covid timetable and some class sizes are having to be adjusted. Rest assured, we will be in contact with everyone. Priority for spots is being given to patients who had blocks in classes prior to Covid.
- When you do come back in to the clinic, please sign on as usual. You’ll see we have a system so there’s no sharing of pens. If the Pilates room isn’t being used, you can go straight in. Otherwise, you may need to wait outside if the waiting room is full.
– If you have your own Pilates mat, please bring it otherwise definitely bring a towel. If you know you also regularly need a pillow to support your head or neck, it would be great if you could bring along a pillow to use too.
– There is a ‘cleaning station’ in the Pilates room with hand sanitiser and baby wipes for participants to clean their hands before and during class. There is also a basket at the front of the room to place any used equipment at the end of class so our staff can clean them before the next class starts.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not come for your class. We will be lenient with our 24 hour cancellation policy so participants don’t feel pressured to come when unwell or risk losing their class. We do ask for as much notice as possible though. Especially now that some classes are smaller we already have waiting lists, so please be considerate of others. You will forfeit a class for non-attendance if we receive no notification.
- Online classes will continue throughout the transition period and some possibly permanently.
- Thank you to those who have already filled out their Online Pilates Feedback survey for the chance to win a Pilates Mat. If you haven’t replied, you have until midday, Tuesday July 14th.
- If you have any questions for concerns about your Pilates or Clinical Class, please email us on email@example.com. Please include times that suit you for us to call you back if you’d prefer to discuss your situation over the phone.
- The other exciting news is that Sandgate Aquatic Centre is re-opening and our hydro classes are back! Jack will start with classes from Wednesday 15th July. Depending on demand, we will look at having classes on another day. Our staff have been contacting our regular hydro patients but if you are keen to start doing hydrotherapy too, please contact us.
UPDATE 8TH JUNE 2020 – CLASSES TO RESUME!
With restrictions easing, we are very excited to start re-introducing our classes in the clinic, however this will be a gradual process, see more below.
- Online classes will continue whilst we transition.
- Balance Classes – our Tuesday Balance class resumes next week!
- Clinical Classes- some classes will resume mid July and then we’ll gradually add a new class every couple of weeks.
- Lifestyle Classes – due to class sizes, Lifestyle classes will resume in the coming months. Please continue with online classes, or you have the option to switch to Clinical classes in the meantime.
- Timetable – in order to stagger start times, some timetable changes may be required.
- Pilates Blocks – Rest assured those with a Pilates block, your spot is still secure.
UPDATE 12TH MAY 2020 – NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM QLD GOVERNMENT
- Now that our Remedial Massage services are available again, appointments have been booking up very quickly, however we are happy to announce we have added more availability from next week, May 18th!
- We’re hoping by the end of the week to hear from Sandgate Aquatic centre to find out if we can resume Hydrotherapy services before the end of May. Once we find out, we will contact all our regular hydrotherapy patients.
- At the moment, all our classes will remain online only.
- All other services remain unaffected.
- Our strict hygiene & social distance measures remain in place.
- All day Tuesday, Monday mornings and Friday afternoons still remain our quieter times in the clinic for those who need in clinic treatment but might be at higher risk.
UPDATE 28TH APRIL 2020 – MASSAGE IS BACK!!
Qld Health has relaxed some of its restrictions which means your favourite Remedial Massage Therapists are back at SPHC!! We still have very strict hygiene measures in place as well as social distancing guides for the waiting rooms to make the clinic as Covid Safe as possible. Jodie, Nath & Kay only have a limited number of appointments left over the next couple of weeks so please call 3869 1099 or BOOK ONLINE. They look forward to helping you soon!
UPDATE 6TH APRIL 2020
We are doing what we can to continue providing the highest quality Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Acupuncture and Pilates, in order to keep you healthy during this time! Here is a wrap up of our revised services –
Revised Clinic Hours–
After Easter our Clinic Hours will be-
Mon-Thur 9am – 1:30pm and 2:15pm- 7:15pm
Friday 8:45am – 12:15pm and 1pm – 6pm
Saturday 8am – 1pm
We can no longer offer Massage with our Remedial Massage Therapists under Qld Health Covid-19 regulations. However, Neil Willans is still available for Acupuncture and can provide massage techniques when needed for management of health conditions.
We are now busy also providing TeleHealth Physio consultations- READ MORE
Quieter Appointment Times–
We still have our special, quieter appointment blocks available in the clinic if you are high risk – they are Mon and Thurs before 10.30am, or Fri after 3pm. Please enquire when booking your appointment.
We are continuing to offer Home Visits for Physiotherapy only
All Pilates Classes Now Online–
All of our group Pilates classes are now online via Zoom. To book please call or send an email and we’ll send you a login to join online. READ MORE AND VIEW TIMETABLE (One on one and Reformer still available in the clinic)
Free Pilates and Balance Classes–
We will be holding some Free Pilates classes online- so feel free to join us when you can. Simply join the FB event and email us so we can send the link.
Exercise & Pilates Equipment for Sale–
We have Pilates products available for purchase and delivery so you can continue your Pilates, Exercises and general fitness at home! READ MORE
We are also releasing new Exercise videos regularly to assist with your home care. Simply follow us on Facebook, download our App or subscribe to our Youtube channel.
In one way or the other, we hope to see you very soon!
To book your appointments call us on 3869 1099, or you can book TeleHealth and regular appointments online
IMPORTANT UPDATE 23RD MARCH 2020- SPHC REMAINS OPEN
To all of our wonderful patients, we’d like to reassure you that we have not been affected by this latest round of business closures. We are open and taking new bookings as usual.
The Australian Minister for Health, Greg Hunt, has confirmed that all Allied health businesses can remain open and are encouraged to do so. Your health is our priority and we hope to stay open as long as possible, so that you can continue to get the appropriate care you need, without causing more unnecessary stress on GP’s and Hospitals.
New Important Clinic updates including our Home Visits, new TeleHealth appointments and Hydro Appointments can be found below –
Waiting Area and Appointments –
– Further changes have been made in the Waiting room and clinic to conform with Social Distancing requirements and increased cleaning is taking place in all areas.
-Patients can use our regular waiting area, or if concerned at all please call ahead and we will take you straight through to your treatment room
– Appts for Nathan, Jody, Kay or Jess – please check in, and then use the downstairs waiting area.
– High risk patients may also choose to book in our quieter times – Monday and Thursday before 10.30am, or Friday after 3pm.
– Pilates classes will continue, as we are not classed as a gym and most classes have a maximum of 6 in the class. You can either wait outside until your class time, or just arrive on time and move straight to the Pilates area.
-Covid-19 Infection Control training continues this week for all Physios/Therapists.
Home Visits –
– As always, we offer Home Visits for Physio and Massage – please call to book. We just ask for hand washing facilities to be made available.
New TeleHealth Consultations –
– We are also introducing the option of TeleHealth appointments which have proven very successful for providing care to people in remote areas of Australia. We will provide more information on this during the week – but please call to book if interested.
Hydrotherapy Classes –
-Unfortunately due to the pools closing we are unable to continue with our Hydro Classes. Patients that normally attend will be contacted by their therapist in the next 24hrs to discuss best treatment options for them over the coming weeks
As always please call us with any questions or concerns. We are here to help!
The SPHC Team!
UPDATE 12TH MARCH 2020
For those of us with children in child care, you’ll no doubt be receiving endless emails with Coronavirus updates, so we’ll keep this brief! The experts agree – the best way to prevent the spread of this virus is the same way we should be trying to prevent the spread of ALL viruses, namely good hygiene practices. The following therefore applies regardless of the latest virus doing the rounds.
Practice good hand washing techniques, cough into your elbow and if you have called in sick to work or school because you’re unwell, please consider whether you should be attending our clinic.
We have a number of patients who are already immunocompromised – elderly people, pregnant women, young babies who haven’t had their vaccinations yet, those with chronic respiratory illness and some undergoing treatments for cancer, to name but a few. We have a duty of care to provide a safe environment to all our patients and staff.
If you have any flu symptoms and are unsure whether to come in, please follow this link to the QLD health website, TAKE THE QUIZ and follow the resulting advice.
Please also note:
-All common areas of the clinic will be thoroughly cleaned every hour
-All treatment tables will be using disposable face paper
-All pilates participants are encouraged to wash hands before and after every class and use the baby wipes as needed
-Hand sanitiser may be available depending on availability.
For general information and advice, Queensland Health have released a common sense blog article: READ IT HERE
Image Credit: Image taken from Queensland Health Website