An easy new take on the traditional lasagna we know and love… This recipe is so quick to make, and the whole family will love it.
Pumpkin, Spinach and Ricotta Lasagne
Makes 6 Serves
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 1 hour
1/2 pumpkin large peeled diced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
4 spring onions sliced
275g frozen spinach thawed
400g tomato pasta sauce
1 cup tasty cheese grated
250g instant lasagne sheets
1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Steam the pumpkin in a vegetable steamer or in the microwave using a minimal amount of water. Roughly mash when tender. Do not drain as the liquid will help the pasta sheets cook.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan, spring onions, spinach, salt and pepper, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Grease a casserole dish or deep baking tray and place a layer of lasagne sheets on the base. Spoon over a layer of the cheese mixture, then a layer of mashed pumpkin, smoothing each layer.
- Top with more lasagne sheets and then repeat the process until all mixture is used up, ending with a layer of lasagne sheets on top.
- Pour pasta sauce over the top of the final layer of pasta sheets. Spread evenly over the top and then sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180C for 45-50 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. Stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Source: Australia’s Best Recipes