If you have ever experienced a great Laksa then you know just how satisfying and addictive they can be. Warm, spicy and packed with proteins and vegetables, Laksa is the perfect winter meal to warm you from the inside out and leave you feeling completely satisfied.
A well-made Laksa will always leave an impression on family and friends too! Time to satisfy those winter soup cravings? Try this great Chicken and Vegetable Laksa recipe for something a little more substantial than your normal winter soup recipes.
Serves: Serves 4
Time: 20- 30 mins
- ¼ cup laksa paste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 300ml light coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 300g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 200g medium-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 small bunch baby bok choy, cut lengthways into wedges
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 125g thin dried rice noodles
- 1 cup of sweet potato noodles
- 1 cup of zucchini noodles
- Beans sprouts
- Sliced chilli
- Lime wedges
- Heat a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the laksa paste, turmeric and ginger, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is fragrant. Add the stock, the coconut milk, kaffir lime and ½ cup of water, and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and gently simmer, covered, for 7–8 minutes.
- Add chicken and tofu to pan; simmer for 3–4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the bok choy and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in lime juice.
- Meanwhile, place rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover the noodles with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes, or until softened. Drain.
- Divide rice noodles, sweet potato noodles and zucchini noodles between four serving bowls. Ladle over the hot soup and top laksa with bean sprouts, the sliced chilli and coriander. Serve laksa with lime wedges.
Recipe and Image courtesy of The Australian Healthy Food Guide.