Nothing says Springtime more than a lovely grilled piece of lamb teamed up with a fresh herb salad. This salad is an easy and alternative option for your weekend BBQ or a quick and healthy dinner during the week. Makes for delicious leftovers for a healthy mid-week lunch too.
Benefits of Lamb
When it comes to choosing healthy proteins, lean Aussie Lamb is a delicious and healthy choice for racking up your high-quality protein needs. Lamb is lean and naturally contains 13 essential nutrients required for good health, including Iron, Zinc, Omega-3 and B vitamins.
- 4 lamb rumps OR 2 lamb backstraps (boned and trimmed loin of lamb)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup mint leaves, torn or chopped
- ⅓ cup parsley leaves
- 500g fresh peas, shelled, or 140g shelled peas
- 300g feta, cubed
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Coat the lamb with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook on BBQ or in a hot frying pan until brown on both sides.
- If you are using the rump: you will need to cook the lamb a few minutes on each side then finish in the oven. It will require 10-12 minutes altogether.
- If you are using the back strap: they will only require 2-3 minutes on each side (no oven time). Rest for a few minutes while you make the salad.
- Cook the peas in boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Toss the mint, parsley, peas, feta and onion together, season with salt and pepper, and dress with extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
Slice the lamb and arrange with the salad on individual serving plates. Enjoy!
Image and recipe courtesy of Good Food