I don’t know about you but I’m loving these crisp Autumn mornings. There is this amazing tangible feeling of the new season upon us. With the darker, cooler mornings however, it’s beginning to get harder to get up earlier. And later mornings mean less time to fit everything into that morning routine which is why this fav recipe is such a winner.
Prepping everything the night before and waking up to a beautiful, ready to eat or ready to take with you brekky is a perfect option for enjoying these Autumn days. Super quick and super easy, here is a recipe you can adjust to suit your tastes.
Serving for 3 people
- 1 cup old fashioned oats gluten free if needed
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Tiny pinch ground ginger
- Tiny pinch Himalyan salt
- 1.5 medium apple and any other fruit you would like to add
- 1.5 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or milk of your choice
4.5 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1.5 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal or substitute chia seeds
- Optional toppings: Toasted almonds or walnuts; dried fruit, such as raisins, cranberries, or apricots, additional maple syrup
Add the ingredients to a glass jar or other individual storage container in this order: oats, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, diced apples, almond milk, maple syrup, Greek yogurt and flaxseed. Do not shake. Seal jar and refrigerate overnight (or up to 5 days). You can also layer the ingredients in a bowl, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
When ready to eat, shake the jar to combine the ingredients or empty the contents of the container into a serving bowl and stir to combine. Add a little more Greek yogurt or almond milk if a thicker/thinner consistency is desired. Add any desired toppings and enjoy!
Store overnight oats in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Original recipe and image from: https://www.wellplated.com/apple-cinnamon-overnight-oats/