Susan McLean joined along-side Tom Carson and became the Physiotherapist Manager for Sandgate Physical Health Clinic in March 2005. Susan also took on the role of Clinical Pilates Co-ordinator in 2008. Her managerial skills are a huge asset to the day-to-day running’s of Sandgate Physical Health Clinic.
Susan’s passion lies with Dance Physiotherapy. Since completing her Physiotherapy degree, she has undertaken numerous post graduate courses and workshops in dance Physiotherapy management. She has worked with dancers of all styles and levels and has been an invited guest speaker and presenter at the QLD state level figure skaters camp on the Gold Coast and the Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dance summer camp at Mt Tamborine. Susan has attended several dance schools in the Brisbane area speaking to students on dance injury prevention and dance specific Pilates.
- Over fourteen years in the Physiotherapy Profession
- Over twelve years as Physiotherapist Manager at Sandgate Physical Health Clinic
- Over nine years as Clinical Pilates Co-ordinator
- Significant experience in servicing Physiotherapy to the community including heavy involvement in local dance companies
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy – University of Queensland 2003
- Dance Medicine Australia 2005 Level 1 & 2 Clinical Pilates
- Graduate Certificate in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy – Curtin University 2009
- Member of Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Member of Sports Physiotherapy Australia
- Member of International Association of Dance Medicine and Science