Susan McLean joined along-side Tom Carson and became the Physiotherapist Manager for
Sandgate Physical Health Clinic in March 2005. Susan also took on the role of Clinical Pilates
Co-ordinator in 2008. Her managerial skills are a huge asset to the day-to-day running’s of
Sandgate Physical Health Clinic.
Susan’s passion lies with Dance Physiotherapy. Since completing her Physiotherapy degree,
she has undertaken numerous post graduate courses and workshops in dance
Physiotherapy management. She has worked with dancers of all styles and levels and has
been an invited guest speaker and presenter at the QLD state level figure skaters camp on
the Gold Coast and the Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dance summer camp at Mt
Tamborine. Susan has attended several dance schools in the Brisbane area speaking to
students on dance injury prevention and dance specific Pilates.
- Over 15 years in the Physiotherapy Profession
- Over 12 years as Physiotherapist Manager at Sandgate Physical Health Clinic
- Over 10 years as Clinical Pilates Co-ordinator
- Significant experience in servicing Physiotherapy to the community including heavy
involvement in local dance companies.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy – University of Queensland 2003
- Dance Medicine Australia 2005 Level 1 & 2 Clinical Pilates
- Graduate Certificate in Orthopaedic Manual Therapy – Curtin University 2009
- Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT) Certified 2021
- Movement Assessment Technologies (MAT) Level 1 & 2 Certified 2020
- Member of Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Member of Sports Physiotherapy Australia
- Member of International Association of Dance Medicine and Science