Important Update 23rd March 2020- SPHC remains Open
To all of our wonderful patients, we’d like to reassure you that we have not been affected by this latest round of business closures. We are open and taking new bookings as usual.
The Australian Minister for Health, Greg Hunt, has confirmed that all Allied health businesses can remain open and are encouraged to do so. Your health is our priority and we hope to stay open as long as possible, so that you can continue to get the appropriate care you need, without causing more unnecessary stress on GP’s and Hospitals.
New Important Clinic updates including our Home Visits, new TeleHealth appointments and Hydro Appointments can be found below –
Waiting Area and Appointments –
– Further changes have been made in the Waiting room and clinic to conform with Social Distancing requirements and increased cleaning is taking place in all areas.
-Patients can use our regular waiting area, or if concerned at all please call ahead and we will take you straight through to your treatment room
– Appts for Nathan, Jody, Kay or Jess – please check in, and then use the downstairs waiting area.
– High risk patients may also choose to book in our quieter times – Monday and Thursday before 10.30am, or Friday after 3pm.
– Pilates classes will continue, as we are not classed as a gym and most classes have a maximum of 6 in the class. You can either wait outside until your class time, or just arrive on time and move straight to the Pilates area.
-Covid-19 Infection Control training continues this week for all Physios/Therapists.
Home Visits –
– As always, we offer Home Visits for Physio and Massage – please call to book. We just ask for hand washing facilities to be made available.
New TeleHealth Consultations –
– We are also introducing the option of TeleHealth appointments which have proven very successful for providing care to people in remote areas of Australia. We will provide more information on this during the week – but please call to book if interested.
Hydrotherapy Classes –
-Unfortunately due to the pools closing we are unable to continue with our Hydro Classes. Patients that normally attend will be contacted by their therapist in the next 24hrs to discuss best treatment options for them over the coming weeks
As always please call us with any questions or concerns. We are here to help!
The SPHC Team!
Update March 12th 2020
For those of us with children in child care, you’ll no doubt be receiving endless emails with Coronavirus updates, so we’ll keep this brief! The experts agree – the best way to prevent the spread of this virus is the same way we should be trying to prevent the spread of ALL viruses, namely good hygiene practices. The following therefore applies regardless of the latest virus doing the rounds.
Practice good hand washing techniques, cough into your elbow and if you have called in sick to work or school because you’re unwell, please consider whether you should be attending our clinic.
We have a number of patients who are already immunocompromised – elderly people, pregnant women, young babies who haven’t had their vaccinations yet, those with chronic respiratory illness and some undergoing treatments for cancer, to name but a few. We have a duty of care to provide a safe environment to all our patients and staff.
If you have any flu symptoms and are unsure whether to come in, please follow this link to the QLD health website, TAKE THE QUIZ and follow the resulting advice.
Please also note:
-All common areas of the clinic will be thoroughly cleaned every hour
-All treatment tables will be using disposable face paper
-All pilates participants are encouraged to wash hands before and after every class and use the baby wipes as needed
-Hand sanitiser may be available depending on availability.
For general information and advice, Queensland Health have released a common sense blog article: READ IT HERE
Image Credit: Image taken from Queensland Health Website