The whole SPHC team has been on board with our #detoxmonth during February! Everyone has made considerably healthier choices when it comes to lunches and snacking. Keep reading to find out more about our detox tips, recipes and snack alternatives that we enjoyed throughout the month…
Here’s some small but effective detox tips that you can implement before Summer is over!
Drink lemon water and turmeric to help your digestive track, and detoxify your liver.
Take an epsom salt bath to draw the toxins out of your body or feet for 30 mins.
Reset your diet by committing to healthy eating for 2 weeks.
Drink dandelion tea to detoxify your insides as it is high in antioxidants as well as vitamin C and A and will also aid with hydration due to the level of electrolytes.
Healthy Snack Inspiration
One of our wonderful reception staff, Narelle, put together a beautiful snacking spread on our recent “Healthy Saturday”. We swapped choccies and chips and for Lindt dark chocolate, spinach dip with veg sticks, dried fruits and nuts, grapes, fresh mixed berries, various other yummy nut mixes and some healthy munchy muesli cookies. How’s that for a great effort during detox month!
Healthy Hedgehog Slice Recipe
This “Healthy Mummy” recipe is great for a healthy snack to have on hand, children’s birthday parties, or if you have people over. This recipe makes 16 serves that are only 150 calories per serve!
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup dried dates Soaked in hot water and drained
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp cocoa
3 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 cup puffed rice
100 grams dark chocolate buttons
1 tblsp coconut oil
Method: (Prep time will take 25 minutes)
1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper. serves 16 150 calories per serve
2. In a food processor blend walnuts, soaked dates, honey, cocoa and coconut.
3. Transfer mix to bowl and mix through puffed rice. Press mix into tin.
4. Set aside whilst you make the topping.
5. Melt chocolate buttons and coconut oil together in the microwave in 30 second increments.
6. Stir until combined, then pour over base.
7. Move tin from side to side so that the topping evenly covers the base.
8. Tap tin on bench, then put into freezer for ten minutes.
9. Cut slice into 16 bars.
10. Keep in fridge or freezer in an airtight container
We hope we’ve given you some inspiration to start your own detox or healthy eating plan.